BCA 1 Semester Business Communication Unit 4
BCA 1 Semester Business Communication Unit 4 : Business letters are highly useful in introducing trade relations and promoting business transaction. They provide inexpensive and convenient mean of communication without personal contact A report is an information about some happening which is collected by someone to convey it orally or in written to someone. In this site you searching all the problems if you have about your study. i am provide to you Bca Study Material, Notes, Sample papers, Modal papers, Mock papers, Previous papers, Important Notes, Important question, Bca Exam papers, etc. you will easy to learn and score great marks in your Bca exams in all subject. BCA 1 Semester Business Communication Unit 4
Business Letters & Reports
Letters related with business affairs are termed as business letters. These letters help the businessmen to build new relations and maintain the existing relations. These letters are written to achieve infinite purpose such as selling product, making an inquiry, seeking information. A report is an information about some happening which is collected by someone to convey it orally or in written to someone.
Function or Importance Of Business Letters
Business letters are highly useful in introducing trade relations and promoting business transaction. They provide inexpensive and convenient mean of communication without personal contact, provide evidence of transaction and help in creating good impression and goodwill. Main function of importance of business letters can be summarised as given ahead :
- Widen Contracts : It is not possibly for a business firm to send its representatives to each and every place of its connection. But it can approach all persons through letter. Thus, letters help the business to widen the area of operation.
- Provide Record and Reference : Letters provide permanent record of dealings with costumers suppliers and other associated parties. These can be preserve for futures reference also.
- Evidence of Contracts : Business letters act as a valid documents and evidence of the contracts between the two parties. These can be used as a documentary evidence in a court of law in case of disputes.
- Buildings Goodwill : A good business letter helps to make a good images of the business. It create a positive images among the readers and win friendliness of the others parties.
Difference Between Official & Business Letters
Request Letter & an Example
The letter which are written in the ordinary course of business activities to get a specific form the reader is known as request letter. Business organisation have to write letters for getting things dine through others. It may be to make inquiry regarding goods, to receive goods, letters are written may be of following types :
- Requesting routine information related with product.
- Request to get agency dealerships.
- Request for a loan from a bank or a financial institution.
- Asking customers to give their opinion.
- Request letter to establish relationship with formal customers, etc.
Example of request letter :
Request for Agency
Reference : 375/Agency Date : 28 June 2017
The General Manager
L.G. Electronics Ltd.
Sub. : Request for dealership in electronic items.
We are pleased to know that you are manufacturing electronic items under the trade mark ‘L.G’ Here in Muzaffarnagar, we are running a electronic store since last 10 years. We are dealing with a large variety of electronic goods. There is a great demand of new models and items of electronics. We, therefore are interested in getting a dealership of electronic items of a reputed manufacture likes you.
Please , let me know at the earliest the term & condition regarding above said agency business. So that I could think on joining you. It remains to state again that in case an opportunity for sale of product once be given, your concern shall also be benefited to the desired extent.
Thanking you & expecting a favorable response .
Difference Between Letters & Memos
Difference Between Among Enquirer Letter, Quotation Letter & Order Letter
Thousand of reports, long or short, formal or informal, crucial or ordinary, special or routine are written every day. A foreman, at the end of the day, reports to the manager the progress of the work carried on the state of deposited, advances, overdraft limits, etc., during the period. Another in sanctioning loans to farmers & later in the recovery of loans earlier sanctioned.
But, What is a report? C.A. Brown offers a very simple definitions : “A report is a communication from someone, who has some information to someone, who wants to use that information.”
Characteristics Of a Good Report
- Precision : In a good report, the writer is very clear about the exact purpose of writing it. His investigation, analysis and recommendations are directed by this central purpose. Precision gives a kind of unity & coherence to the report & makes it a valuable documents.
- Accuracy of Facts : The coherence accuracy of facts is very essential to a good report. Since, reports invariably lead to decision making in accurate facts may lead to disastrous decisions.
- Reader- orientation : A good report is always reader oriented. While drafting a report, it is necessary to keep in mind the person (s) who is (are) going to read it. A report meant for the layman will be different from another meant for technical experts.
- Simple & Unambiguous Language : A good report is written in a simple, unambiguous language. It is a kind of scientific document of practical utility, hence it should be free from various forms of poetic embellishment like figure of speech.
Importance of Business Report
- Give or provide Detailed & Accurate Information: Reports provide detailed analysis & high light the factorial & accurate information. Which can act as basic of planning & decision making.
- Helpful in talking current Decision : Business report act as control device for talking correct decision to ensure successful implementation of plans and policies. An organisation can improve its working system with the help of finding of business reports.
- Give Finding & Recommendations : Report provide finding & other recommendation based on systematic and scientific analysis collected data. Experts give their advice in report which enable management to take goods effective decision.
- Provide effective Solution of Complicated Problems : Business reports also prove helpful in solving complex & complicated problem through the mature, impartial & combined judgement of expert members.
Importance Of Reports
A report is a basic management tool used in decision making. Hence, it is extremely important. In a one-man business, the function of reporting & decision making are combined is one man-the proprietor. He knows his business inside out and is capable of making on the sports decisions. So the does not deed any reports. But large scale organisation are engaged in multifarious activities, which are being handled by different departments. Their top executives cannot keep a personal watch are all these activities. So they have to base their decision on the reports they get from the head of various departments. For large organisations, reports are just indispensable.
Difference Between Good & Bad news Letters
Previous Post –
Also Follow me :-