BCA 1 Semester Business Communication Unit 3
BCA 1 Semester Business Communication Unit 3 : When communication is done through the written in the form of letters. memos, reports, etc., is called written communication. ccsusamplepapers.com is provide you simple way to learn and study and score great marks in exams. students if you have any problem in learn or study so this is the best site for you come in your future. I will provide you Short notes, Sample papers, Previous papers, Modal papers, Exam papers, Mock papers, Important notes, Unsolved papers, Bca Study Material, Bca Business Communication Study Material, Bca Study Guide etc. BCA 1 Semester Business Communication Unit 3
When communication is done through the written words in the form in the form of letters, memos, reports, etc., is called written communication. when oral communication can met each and every person concurrent either due to a large number of communication. It is one of the best and reliable way of communication.
Advantages Of Written Communication
- Permanent Record : Written communication provides a permanent record for future reference. If any dispute aeries, the matter can be solved be the contents of past written materials.
- Accuracy : Written messages are prepared with great care and through as the authenticity of written message can be challenged and verified. Thus it gives cleat and correct information to the receiver.
- Wide Access : Written communication is best suitable in the situation when there is need to send the information to the person who are distantly place. Written message have widest possible coverage.
- No Need for Personal Contact : In this type of communication, it is not necessary for both parties to be present before each other. Written message is sent to the concerned person by the authority.
- Suitable for Lengthy Messages : Written communication is very suitable for transmitting the lengthy message.
- Responsibility and Accountability : In this types of communication, it is quite easy to fix the accountability and responsibility. Nobody can shift or avoid his responsibility.
- Save Time and Money : When message is to be conveyed to different people at different people at different places, written communication is the best one. In such cases, it is most economical and time saving.
Disadvantages Of Written Communication
- Time Consuming : Written communication is more time consuming as time has to be spent in writing and sending the messages. It is very formal and lack personal interest.
- Expensive : Written communication is an expensive way of communication as expenditure is incurred on ink,paper, tying, remuneration for the person preparing the message and postage charges etc.
- Lacks Flexibility : Written communication lacks flexibility as clarification & adjustments can not be made at once. As there is on direct discussion between the parties, hence doubt of the receiver may not be clarified.
- Less Effective : Written communication tends to be formal and there is lack of personal touch. Sender can not be able to express his feeling fully in this type of communication. Therefore, the receive is less receptive.
- Delayed Feedback : IN written communication, the sender of the message can not receive the immediate response of the receiver. He has no opportunity to judge the reaction from the facial expression or the receiver.
Writing of letters, memos, reports, notices etc. in a clear, simple, concise, courteous and attractive way which attract the attention of the reader and influence people to act or think according is termed as writing skills. Writing skill is an important part of written communication. effective writing is pre-requisite of existence in modern set up and success in any endeavor. Writing skill contributes to one’s success in any profession or business. To become successful, one should master the skill and art of expressing oneself clearly and precisely through written message. One’s excellence in writing skill determines the chances of influence people, winning friends and gaining business.
Process of preparing rough format of letters, circulars and notes before giving them final touch is known as drafting. Rough drafting of any letter, information or circular is dine before sending them to higher authorities. This process includes changes of different types in the presented subject matter, Suggestions or corrections. After making repaired changes and amendments messages or information is sent to the left between the lines so that necessary changes may be made easily.
Guidelines for Effective Drafting
- According to Subject : Drafting should be done according to the subject matter. All the necessary details should be included in the matter and required reference is also be given to make the drafting effective.
- Balanced Presentation : For a good drafting, it is necessary that presentation of subject matter be made in a balanced way. for this purpose, whole matter is divided in a appropriate way such as description of subjects, pre-instruction regarding the subject, systematic information regarding the facts etc.
- Paragraph : There may be different sub-subjects related to a subject. In such a case each sub-subject should be explained in a different paragraph. The size of paragraph should be kept short to make it clear and effective.
- Impressive and forceful : The language used should be impressive and tactful so that it forces the reader to think about the desired purpose of the letter.
- Quotation : To make the subject more cleat, quotations related to decisions and orders should be included in its original form. It helps to understand the importance of the subjects matter.
Previous post –
Also Follow me :-